We welcome all the participants across the globe to attend the 1st International Conference on Nucleic Acids and Cancer, hosted by the Research Gate International Corporation, will be held virtually on March 11-12, 2021. The conference’s scientific chairs are Dr. Jean-Yves Masson (Laval University) and Dr. Myron Szewczuk (Queen’s University).
This virtual conference will bring together diverse researchers studying the mechanisms that protect the human genome, cancer biology, and therapeutics. Cancer is a complex disease. In normal cells, a variety of DNA repair pathways are used to protect the genome against different types of DNA damage. Defects in DNA damage repair and checkpoint control are underlying mechanisms driving tumorigenesis since they allow for the accumulation of genetic mutations. This creates vulnerabilities in cancer cells that can be targeted by DNA damaging agents and inhibitors.
The conference will also promote discussions on understanding tumor evolution and therapeutic responses through state-of-the-art scientific and clinical approaches.
MEET THE EXPERTS
University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Greenville, South Carolina.
PhD student in Jean-Yves Masson’s laboratory Québec, CA
a Post-doctoral researcher at Jean-Yves Masson’s laboratory,
Laval University Research Center, Canada
Sessions & Tracks
- Presenters who are not able to participate as a speaker because of the busy schedule are welcome to present their e-poster at the conference webinar.
- Abstracts have to be submitted online or by email.
- The abstract should include complete details (e.g., abstract title, name, affiliation, abstract and biography, etc) Sample abstract template
- Only subject related abstracts & associated e-posters which are submitted will be displayed on the website before the conference.
- If the registered author/poster presenter is unable to participate in the conference webinar then he/she may send a substitute who can be a co-author (or) any member from the same institution.
- All poster presenters have to register before the registration date closes.
- The e-poster presentation schedule is given in the registration tab. The list of e-poster presenters will be provided in the final agenda two days before the conference.
- Each of the accepted abstracts will be published in the post-conference webinar proceedings and digital recognition across the research field.
- E-Poster presentation is almost like a mini oral presentation with limited time. Each E-Poster presenter will be given 5-10 minutes time to explain each section of the e-poster which needs to be displayed on the screen by the e-poster presenter. The screen share option will be enabled to respected e-poster presenters before their presentation.
- Please send PDF/JPG & PPT (up to 10 slides) files of the e-poster 48 hours before the conference to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of schedule clashes with other professional commitments, presenters are allowed to send the video presentation.
- The preferred video format is a 5 min video (MP4 format) describing the poster with help of up to 10 PPT slides. To generate this type of video, the presenting video recording can be done by screen sharing option in zoom.
Dr. Serena Nik-Zainal, CRUK Advanced Clinician Scientist, Honorary Consultant in Clinical Genetics, University of Cambridge, UK
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 08:30 - 09:00 EST
Dr. Mukesh Verma, Program Director, Epidemiology & Genomics Research Program, National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 09:00 - 09:30 EST
Dr. Karen M. Vasquez, Professor and Division Head at The University of Texas, Austin,TX, USA
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 09:30 - 09:50 EST
Dr. John Turchi, Professor of Lung Cancer Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 09:50 - 10:10 EST
Dr. Helen E. Bryant PhD, PGCert HE, SFHEA Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Dept. of Oncology & Metabolism, Sheffield Institute for Nucleic Acids, UK
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 10:10 - 10:30 EST
Dr. Don W. Cleveland, Distinguished Professor Of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Neurosciences Member, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, USA
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 10:45 - 11:15 EST
Dr. Veronique Giroux, Assistant Professor at Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 11:15 - 11:35 EST
Kristin Hope, Ph.D. Associate Professor in the Dept. of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Canada
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 11:35 - 11:55 EST
Dr. Jean-Yves Masson, Professor, Laval University Research Center, Canada
March 11, 2021(Day 1): 11:55 - 12:15 EST
Dr. Clare Hoskins, Reader in the School of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, UK
March 12, 2021(Day 2): 09:15 - 09:45 EST
Dr. Sirin A Adham, Associate Professor at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
March 12, 2021(Day 2): 09:45 - 10:15 EST
Dr. Oara Neumann, Research Scientist, Rice University, USA
March 12, 2021(Day 2): 10:30 - 11:00 EST
Dr. Subbaya Subramanian, Associate Professor Department of Surgery University of Minnesota, USA
March 12, 2021(Day 2): 11:00 - 11:30 EST
Dr. Cecile Malardier-Jugroot, Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering and VP Research, Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Canada
March 12, 2021(Day 2): 11:30 - 12:00 EST
Dr. Myron R. Szewczuk, Professor of Immunology, Queen’s University, Canada
March 12, 2021(Day 2) : 12:00 - 12:30 EST
Following benefits are included with registration.
- The registrant gets this paid amount as discount for one future The Research Gate’s physical conference in 2021.
- Opportunity to listen to the best speakers in the industry.
- Expert speaker’s live interaction and advise.
- Access to all sessions live online.
- Live group discussion opportunity.
- Oral/E-Poster presentation opportunity.
- Interactive E-Poster presentation.
- Access to conference E-Material.
- Participation E-Certificate.
- The abstract will be published in post conference proceedings.
- Grants/Funding Guidance & Opportunities.
For smooth flow of the program please follow the below steps before the webinar starts:
- Check Inbox for Conference Updates: After successful completion of registration, the registered email will receive a confirmation and followed by reminder emails about the program updates. If you don’t receive our emails in your inbox then please check your junk folder and move them to inbox. Contact us if you are not receiving the regular updates from us.
- Presentation Backup: Please share your presentation (PPT) file with us 2 days in advance in order to handle unforeseen errors from your end during the presentation so that we can bring it up immediately.
- Demo Setup: Please call/mail us at email@example.com if any presenter would like to schedule a demo meeting for 15 min to familiarize with the setup at least 2 days before the webinar.
- Use Zoom Application: For better performance always install Zoom application. Do not use web browser to minimize frequent disconnection during the conference.
- Restart: Please restart your laptop/desktop in order to clear the existing laptop memory dump and unnecessary running applications for free flow of the presentation.
- Close Social Media: Make sure you close all the social media accounts in your laptop/desktop and notifications in order to secure your privacy.
- Lighting: Make sure you have front light instead of back light or top light.
- Early Login: Our webinar begins promptly at the given time and please join the webinar at least 15 minutes early to minimize last minute issues.
- Muted Upon Entry: Everyone will be muted upon entry and admitted to waiting room and will be allowed one after moderator approval in to the main conference session room (Zoom).
- Speaker Controls: Speakers will be enabled with the SHARE option only before their presentation.
- No Background Filters: Do not use any background image/video filters to minimize the delay transition of your presentation to all the viewers.
- Full Session Certification: Please attend full scheduled webinar to receive the certificates as the partial attendees will not be awarded certificates as per the CE/CME/CPD accreditation guidelines.
- Tech Help: If you have audio/video difficulties ping us in private chat or call us so that our technical team can help you in resolving the issue.
E-POSTER PREPARATION GUIDELINES
- Each poster should be submitted in 1080 pixel jpeg, PPT slide & PDF or MP4 Video.
- Font should be in Times New Roman /Arial
- The title and the author’s information should be clearly visible in the header in bold font.
- The text should be readable even when it zoomed in to the full screen.
- Present picture-numerical data in the form of graphs, rather than tables (graphs make trends in the data much more evident). If data must be presented in table-form, keep it simple.
- Use bright colors to enhance the poster/presenter details.
- Organize your poster into subdivisions i.e. Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgement, and Literature Cited (avoid using too many citations).
- Avoid acronyms and extensive mathematical notations as much as possible.
- Avoid submitting compactly packed, high word-count in the poster.
Live Q&A opportunity in panel discussions after each session with eminent speakers.
DOI will give digital recognition to the accepted peer reviewed abstracts which are published in past conference report.
Get appropriate accreditation certificate by expanding your knowledge on most recent developments in the research topics.
Accepted abstracts will be published in post conference report after peer review by the organizing committee.
Networking and knowledge sharing opportunity with the pioneers in the relevant fields.